You are currently viewing The extreme importance of proper electrical wiring installation

“Fire officials say faulty electrical wiring caused a fire in a Bronx building that injured a baby and five firefighters.

The Red Cross offered shelter and food to dozens of families displaced after Monday’s blaze in the five-story building in the Concourse Village neighborhood.

None of the injuries was life-threatening.

Officials say the fire started in ceiling wiring above a grocery store on the ground level and quickly spread to the apartments above. A smoke alarm in the first apartment did not activate but alarms went off in other apartments in the building.”

Read more on this story on here.

In what could’ve been a major catastrophe, some one decided that it would be quicker and cheaper to take shortcuts when installing electrical wiring in this particular building. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured. However, now these tenants have to deal with fire and smoke damage.

Hiring unlicensed electricians might be cheaper initially, but at what cost? Codes exist for a reason and when they aren’t followed accidents like this occur. At MJ Electric, we follow all the correct procedures as it releates to electrical wiring. Call us at 612-598-0793 or visit our home rewiring page for more information.